Tuesday, September 5, 2017

"Hamstick dipole" MFJ-2220 deployed on MFJ-1818EX tripod

Hobe Sound is an unincorporated area just north of Jupiter, Florida. We went there for the Labor day long weeked, its 1.5 hours-120-miles drive North from our house here in Kendall, Miami. The location was inland, not far from the sea but surrounded by toll trees.
I deployed 2 antennas, 20m portable dipole MFJ-2220 at 10 ft / 3.2 m (the photo above) and MFJ-17754 trapped dipole for 40/20m a little higher. Both worked and I made contacts, domestic and DX.
The MFJ-17754 worked better: more signal, less noise compared to hamstick dipole, but it was not rotatable so I couldn't raise OF5Z from Finland on it and made that contact on MFJ-2220 after pointing it to the proper bearing.
The antennas were performing better compared to my regular QTH placement; both noise- and signal-wise. I did not spent too much time at the radio since I was busy with my family and holiday activities, but here is the log and the map:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment